The St. Vincent de Paul Society is an international volunteer organization of Catholic lay men and women who work to help needy members of the community.
The Assumption Conference actively:
- Supports the community food pantry - Mt. Healthy Alliance.
- Provides food on an emergency basis.
- Provides vouchers for clothing, household items & furniture on an emergency basis.
- Provides referrals to other social service agencies.
- Encourages the spiritual growth of its members.
- Supports the Mt. Healthy Alliance Food Pantry.
- Provides food on an emergency basis to those who cannot use the food pantry.
- Provides vouchers for clothing, household items, and furniture on an emergency basis.
- Provides referrals to other social service agencies when needed.
- Collects canned goods on the fourth Sunday of the month.
- Collects monetary donations on the fifth Sunday.
- Collects and distributes gifts for Christmas.
- Provides Thanksgiving and Christmas food bags.
The St. Vincent De Paul Society is able to provide help for the needy of the community because of the generous donations of food and money from Our Lady of Grace School's Annual Canned Food Drive, the monthly Poor Box donations of the Assumption parishioners, the Fifth Sunday Collection, Haunted Hall canned food donations, and K of C donations.
For help, contact the community food pantry at the Mt. Healthy Christian Church (link above), 7717 Harrison Avenue. Please enter at the north side of the building from Hill Street. Hours of operation are Monday and Thursday 9am to noon. To receive help, you must arrive before 11:30am.
2nd Friday of the month at 9:00 a.m.
4th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.